Old April 4th 05, 06:21 PM
David Ruether

"David Ruether" wrote in message
news:85Y3e.2268$4b.1915@trndny09...
"Jay Davenport"
wrote in message ...

[...]
A bit high on the prices?

Depends...
If you like good gear, checked out on film (not
all gear is manufactured equal - there *are* sample
variations...), and described accurately (no bad
surprise when you open the package...), the prices
may seem quite reasonable (and they are considerably
below new - and "new" does not guarantee "perfect"
in terms of function...). On any of the gear I sell, you
can ask for, and get, an assessment of how a particular
piece performs (the description of physical condition
is given on the web site). Where else can you get
that?
But, in any case, why comment on my prices
here - just buy, or not buy...(or make a decent offer).
David Ruether

http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

"Jay Davenport" wrote in message ...

$95.00 for the 8008 Body. If it were the "s" model, I would offer $135.00

;-), ;-), ;-)
Sorry, I did say "decent" offer - these are still fine user
cameras (I prefer them for MF to AF, though) with excellent,
sharp viewfinders and good control of TTL flash fill ratios.
And, BTW, the non-S version has a better metering pattern
for my preferred center-weighted manual exposure mode.
If it were not for the better AF of the F100 (I lost sharp
vision in the center of my "camera" eye), the 8008 would
still be my camera of choice over all other Nikons except
for architectural work (F3 for that...). So, no thanks. At
that amount, I can sell them for MUCH more here to
students in photo classes, just keep them - or use them
(I have several) for making "Matrix" frozen action film
effects...;-).