Old January 8th 15, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Nige Danton[_2_]

Default D7000 Liveview switch

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Do you have a focusing rack? If not you might want to get one. This
one works fine http://www.amazon.com/Neewer%C2%AE-Focusing-Close-up-
Shooting-Standard/dp/B009SJ7UWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420403549&sr=8-1
&keywords=focusing+rail--I have one of those that I found in a box of
stuff obtained at an estate sale, and a Manfrotto that costs about five
times as much and I don't find a lot of difference between them in terms
of performance.

Another item I didn't know existed. I'll order one, thanks for the
suggestion.

Being able to move the camera precisely in small increments will make
macro much easier--the rule is that you set the lens for the
magnification you want and then move the camera to get focus.

Are these lamps any good?

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Macro...d_bxgy_p_img_y

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l