Old June 6th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default {SI} Doors. Comments by BobF

These shootin's are getting more popular!

Here are my comments, not to be taken too seriously!

---

Tim_Conway_1 : Nice old cabinet. The shadows look like there might be
speakers mounted inside! One thing - the photo looks quite blurry...

Savageduck-01 : I'm not sure which is the door here, a somewhat confusing
image... stepping back would have helped!

Savageduck-02 : Very technical, very detailed... would like to see another
angle which shows the whole door clearer!

Savageduck-03 : Not sure what this is, but very nice graphics!

Cooper courtyard : Now that's a rough door! Good textures.

Cooper Bookshop : A nice old shop I'd love to visit. This seems more of a
"doorway" shot though.

Cooper No Beer : Hey nice house mister! Good capture of the gritty side of
life!

IRT_Generator : Nice textures, sort of "was a door"! If the water pipe was
higher it would look like a door handle!

Power plant door : Again nice textures, but I would have cropped out OR
included all of the bigger door.

Ron Beijing Doors : Nice detail, nice knockers! I wonder who's been chewing
on the frame?

Ron GuangzhouDoor : Nice textures, light is a bit dull. Nice place for a
sewer pipe!

Eric Stevens 1 : Interesting lighting effects. Not a lot of door content. Are
you saying you held the camera for 1.6 seconds? Rigor mortis setting in is
it?

Eric Stevens 2 : This is a nice mystery shot! I like it! Perfectly done!

Eric Stevens 1 : Now those are big doors! So God can get in I guess? Another
long time shot, but it looks a bit fuzzy! The natural light is great! Would
like to see the entire door though.

MG knock-knock : Interesting picture of the Keeblers place! Can't tell
exactly how big that is... I'd like to have one!

richaReddoor : Very good capture of the light. A bit dark on top but all the
texture is visible - nice job!

richabluedoor : Nice details. Did you sharpen this a bit?

Mark Storkamp 1 : Nice subject but I think you're a bit too close cropped...
I would have moved out a touch and not cut the doors off, and the focus range
would be deeper. I would like to see the whole lamp - very interesting!

Mark Storkamp 2: Interesting image - a "doorway" shot. Some of the figurines
are blurred though.

Mark Storkamp 3: Nice drawbridge, looks like it was taken on a dull day. That
gives even lighting but lacks 'punch'.

bowser-01 : Very good color balance and detail there! Is that the fixed
mirror Sony? Great picture quality. I take it that it's on the 'right' side
of the tracks! Oh ya, Beacon Hill... I live near Beacon Hill... Canada that
is!

bowser-02 : Wonderful textures! And a free window thrown in! Wonder how the
paint got worn off? Impatient truckers?

bowser-03 : A simple door - needs Verithane... great colors in the flag!! I
can feel the silkiness!

Martha_Coe 1 : Interesting doors but they appear a bit washed out. Sometimes
it's very hard to get white on white texture. The glass reflection is nice,
also the brass kick plates.

Martha_Coe 2 : Nice stone texture here. And the door color? Wow!

Bob Coe 1 : I have those doors in my house! Picture seems a bit dark, and
this monitor is usually too light. Will have to see this pic somewhere
else...

Bob_Coe 2 : Nice outer door, but I'd like to see the inner door better. Can't
quite make out the nice detail.

Bob_Coe 3 : This looks a bit too cluttered to me...

peter_newman_essential door : Very nice capture of the light, possibly a bit
grainy. Essential... Beer fridge?

peter_newman_garden door : More of the garden than the door...

peter_newman_rose door : Kind of busy shot... lots cut off... would like to
see the whole archway, or just the door itself.

BobFlint_camera_cabinet : Of all the photos I took of doors, this was the
only one I liked! I used expensive glass to get straight lines, the Nikkor
16-35 F4 G VR.

Dan_Petre_1 : Nice shot of brass on oak. Perhaps a bit dark.

Dan_Petre_2 : The old and the new! That ADT sign looks out of place but the
walls and door have great textures. I think the picture looks a bit big for
800 pixels...!?

Dan_Petre_3 : Nice textures captured here... I can feel the cold zinc on the
door!

Alan_Browne_1 : Leave it to Alan! This picture is hard to look at with the
middle focus plane. The blur on the lower left is distracting! Too bad we
can't see a little head popping out! (PS the photo is too large for the
committee!)

BobFlint_open- : I was only planning to submit one photo so the names and
placement are a bit off... This is the inside of my camera cabinet as per a
request from the curious! It's a bit washed out... I used the
shadows/highlights adjustment to bring out texture in the black bags, but
forgot to go back and set the blacks with levels or curves... That's what
happens when you rush! (Maybe I should have opened a drawer as well...)

pablo_1 : Not the whole door but a nice old latch and chain. Looks a
bit dark and fuzzy on my monitor, must be very dark on yours! Would have
liked to NOT see the bottom of the lock and handle cropped off.

pablo_2 : Sort of a mystery shot... interesting knobby bits...

pablo_3 : I'd like this better if more of the door was visible in the
framing by the sumacs.

----

All in all pretty good, and not one picture of Jim Morrison!