Old November 25th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default $230 12MP camera?

On Nov 25, 3:04 am, "David J Taylor" -this-
bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk wrote:
Travis wrote:

[]

Btw, what company is the best for Digital SLRs with the 8+ MP range, I
might need one for a trip soon.

Visit your local shop and hold the Canon and Nikon models in your hands.
See which suits you better. Perhaps also try the Pentax and Sony. What
camera feels best to you? I would suggest not getting a 4/3 camera
(Olympus, Panasonic?), as these are almost as big and heavy as a
conventional DSLR, but have a smaller sensor which means more noise or a
lower ISO. My choice was the 6MP Nikon D40 - a very cost-effective camera
which meets my modest needs. Good images even at ISO 1600. Excellent,
low-cost lenses as well.

Cheers,
David

"B-b-but it only has SIX megapixels!!!"

"I NEED all TWELVE megapixels, and they HAVE to come from a 1/2.5"
sensor!!!"""