Old August 1st 18, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Anyone else having probs with elements and w10?

On 30/07/2018 20:01, Savageduck wrote:
[]
That raises the question; why should developers have to chase their tails if
they have delivered an app, any app, that conforms to current OS specs, only
to have their app functions undermined by a fractional OS update?

That still sounds like a failure on the part of MS. It seems that every Win
update brings fresh issues, from broken printer drivers, to stuff such as
Paul’s PSE 15 issue.

Most developers plan and work on updates for their software in concert with
Beta releases of OS updates/upgrades.

But are Adobe conforming to current specs? How is it that hundreds of
thousands of programs continue to work correctly, when only this one
from Adobe appears not to?

There are at least two beta levels beyond the current release (in
multiple versions) readily available to developers to test their
products, and I would be surprised if Adobe were not carrying out
extensive testing, and that the present issue is just one of those
unfortunate combination of several different things.

I have seen instances where when memory becomes more fully used, only
then does faulty memory become discovered!

Drivers for older devices are a problem - how far back do you expect the
manufacturer of the device to go? I don't see that as an MS issue, to
be honest, more one for the device manufacturer. There must be plenty
of cameras and cars requiring unobtainable parts which are now "beyond
economic repair".

On Apple's side, dropping support for 32-bit programs has resulted in me
losing some iPad apps.

--
Cheers,
David