Old September 10th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default A new film from Kodak.

Richard Knoppow wrote:

"John J" wrote in message
m...
Keith Tapscott. wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/6coc29
high saturation and ultra-vivid colour,

Interesting. So Kodak has made a competitor to the
Japanese "high saturation and ultra-vivid color" film,
such as Velvia.

So Kodak is still playing the film market. I wish them the
best of luck. It could be good for the rest of us. I won't
be buying any unless they offer it in formats larger than
35mm, but I am a happy minority.

Thanks for the link!

It seems to me that Kodak made a film something like
this in the past but I can't remember what it was called.
This is not an oblique reference to Kodachrome but to
another product.
Whether it will be available in sizes other than 35mm
depends on what Kodak's market research shows the potential
market to be.
I agree that the fact that they are sill making new
products for the film market is a hopeful sign. Perhaps the
digital inroad on film has reached its limit.

They did; it was Kodak Ektar 25, only in 35mm. I asked their salesman at a
photo show when they would be making the stuff in 4x5 hand he said never. He
said that Vericolor whatever was sharp enough for that.

I assume that Ektar 100 is just the color version of TMax 100, but who knows?

^^-^^ 20:50:01 up 34 days, 2:56, 4 users, load average: 4.00, 4.02, 4.07