Old August 20th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Sheehy

Default Is it OK to mix NiMH batteries?

(Dave Martindale) wrote in news:g8hphi$6fk$1
@swain.cs.ubc.ca:

I keep NiMH cells in "sets" of 4 when they are in good shape. But if
one fails, I use the remaining three in applications that need 1 or 2
cells, and use a new set of 4 for the devices that need 4.

I use the Lacrosse Technologies BC-900 to charge my AAA and AA batteries.
It has a few different modes, and one will empty and recharge the batteries
separately, and tell you how much charge each took when they are full.
This makes it easy to weed out the weaklings, and re-group batteries with
others of similar health. The BC-900 will also recondition batteries; I've
seen it take a battery that would only take 250mAH and return it to 1200
mAH.

I wish that a versatile charger were available for my various Lithium Ion
batteries!

--

John P Sheehy