Old December 7th 03, 11:20 PM
Rob Davison

Default Sigma 70-210mm f/4-5.6 UC II

Mister K wrote:
Vov@ Sadovyy wrote:

Hello.

I'm about to buy Sigma 70-210mm f/4-5.6 UC II AF for Minolta. What do
you think about this lens? Is it sharpen and quick enough?

If you are taking photographs of birds then it is highly suggested to
obtain a larger focal length.

I currently use a 400mm f4.5 lens for all my wildlife shots (my wife
uses a 400mm f5.6 lens).
In the long run the cost of the lens has been paid off in the number of
quality images I now have.

Hmmm. I find 400 isn't quite enough for frame filling photos. At that
focal length wild birds are either looking very suspicious or leaving
in a hurry.

Adding a 2x TC helps but on my camera that means manual focus and the
equivalent of an F11 lens at 800mm. :-(

Are there any solutions (that cost less than a small car) ?