Old October 31st 14, 09:32 PM posted to alt.os.linux.ubuntu,rec.photo.digital
Wildman

Default How to add a context menu to strip out EXIF information fromJPEG

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:13:04 -0400
"Jonathan N. Little" wrote:

A. Beck. wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 23:25:28 -0500, Wildman wrote:

Take a look at Nautilus Actions.

sudo apt-get install nautilus-actions

I installed it.
And even ran the config tool.
$ gksu nautilus-actions-config-tool

Still nothing ... but will work on it.

Stupid question here, but are you not running *Kubuntu*? Kubuntu
filemanager is Dolphin, not Nautilus so would not nautilus-actions
only work on Nautilus, or at lease requires some tweaking to install
for Dolphin?

Higher up in the thread Mr. Beck indicated that he
didn't like Dolphin and was using Nautilus.

Personally I would choose Nautilus over Dolphin too.
That hasn't really been a problem since I rarely use
KDE. Right now I am using Thunar, the default with
Xfce. It has a 'Custom Actions' editor built-in to
easily do the type of things Mr. Beck is wanting.

--
Wildman GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!