Old May 21st 17, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gray_Wolf

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

On 5/20/2017 9:00 AM, Diesel wrote:
Whisky-dave
Fri, 19
May 2017 10:08:54 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

[snip]

I don't download vunerable viewers.

How would you know if it was when you downloaded it? The
vulnerability reports tend to come after the fact.

I stick to the ones most used, presently I have 3 browsers
running. firefox, chrome and safari, ech have their own uses or
rather I put them to specific uses.

Those are browsers...Your knowledge of IT leaves a bit to be desired...

As far as the three browsers you just listed, all three of them have
had vulnerabilites and patches issued as a result of the ones
identified. That does *not* mean they've all been identified, yet,
either. Likely pointless to explain why one in particular isn't so
good from a privacy POV.

someone calling themselves
emailed mt this morining with a zip attachment called
5566046.zip do you think I should open that zip if so why ?

The .zip file itself, short of using a vulnerable archiving tool
(and don't bother claiming that doesn't exist, I cited winzip only
because of it's popularity and it's had several issues) poses no
threat whatsoever to you. It's ONLY a file container with
compression. It's the contents within that matters. I tried to
explain that to you previously, but, you wouldn't listen.

I thought all the big boys use .rar At least on the Usenet binary groups.
I also had a crypto man tell that a properly passworded rar file was almost
impossible to break. He said zip was very insecure.