Old December 1st 18, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default An interesting way to present historical photographs

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 14:32:34 -0800, John McWilliams

On 2018-10-06 18:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
Before and after:

http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.g...ransformation/

The Hobson Wharf one was the most stunning wrt change.Â* Thx.

Very interesting!

The third one, of the Ferry building- I see nothing that would give the
photographer a clue as to where the building was or where the original
photo was shot from. Plans could give the location, but angle, aspect?

Anyone agree or disagree with this?

I disagree. The original building is still there and as shown in the
photograph it is possible to position a camera in much the same
position as in the original.

The Hobson Wharf is brilliant, but the first photo lacks similar aspect.
(May be wrong term. I mean the buildings in the background aren't
similar in scope.)

Or this?

Fortunately, the original street corner is still in place. Admittedly
its not very obvious in the photographs.

Eric Stevens