Old February 28th 10, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Default Traditional B&W Interest Group

On 10-02-28 2:10 , wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-02-27 16:54 ,
wrote:

Far from misguided. Quite grounded in engineering definitions.

Ah an engineer, that explains the "I am right" attitude :-) Interesting
how engineers always throw out their background when their logic is
failing..

Only a poor engineer would resort to such as his peers would quickly
right him and his customers (often engineers themselves) would no longer
trust him. That is not to say that engineers don't compete in the arena
of ideas - but they each defend their ideas on fundamentals.

I'm not an engineer, but have worked in engineering environments since
my student days.

Engineers don't say they're right out of attitude. They depend on clear
definition and application. In most countries, the 'act' of signing an
engineering document carries enormous legal consequences. So engineers
do not "throw out their background" to win arguments. Engineers
practice a discipline.

This is traditionally for safety reasons (you may imagine that some
Toyota engineers are on the hot spot right now.)

In my prior post I showed you how proper definitions apply. (You now
grasp perhaps that a thermometer is dynamic, if not terribly quick about
it - it is not, as you said, static).

Have the last word stephe. You seem to like words over reason.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.