Old March 18th 18, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Fuji MF weirdness

On 2018-03-18 10:00:06 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

Something I wasn't aware of until I read this article:
https://blog.mingthein.com/2018/03/1...es-on-the-x1d/

You need to reread the article as you seem to have missed some
pertinent points. As a result you have mistitled the subject line, and
done Fujifilm a disservice.

The Fuji X1D has no mechanical shutter and it takes a full 1/3s to read
the sensor, which is an eternity and means that you have to be careful
about how you hold the camera:

First, nowhere in that article is any Fujifilm camera mentioned. The
camera in question is the Hasselblad X1D. The Fujifilm MF is the
GFX50S, and that has a mechanical focal plane shutter with an option to
use the electronic shutter, or electronic front curtain shutter.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/gfx/fujifilm_gfx_50s/

"Rolling shutter, beware. It?s not just moving objects; hold the camera
stead else verticals may wiggle."

And the camera is limited to ISO 3200:
"There is also no calibration data above ISO 3200 for various technical
reasons, so this is your maximum speed"

A bit strange why a camera, especially one with a MF sensor, would be
limited to ISO 3200.

The issue it seems is the selection of specific lenses which do not
match well with the X1D since neither the lenses, nor the camera body
have a mechanical shutter. This problem should not exist with the
Fujifilm GFX50S.

Savageduck