Old March 7th 04, 09:45 AM
brian

Default ebay scam

"Boo" wrote in message
s.com...
There's an ebay scam going around. Notice the impecable English.

eBay Notification

Dear eBay User,

Because of the repeated tryes of viruses and hackers attacks on our

auctions
website, the ebay technic staff have developed a special security program
for the your eBay accounts.
For starting this procedures please proceed with folowing the next steps:
1. Please complete the next form:

signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:eBayproble ms

2. Do not acces your eBay account until you will not receive instructions
from the eBay technic staff.
3. Because we have a lot of eBay accounts and informations to process,

you
can receive the informations from eBay staff for completing the securising
program in maximum 5 days.
4. Acces your eBay account only after you receive the informations for
making the securising procedures.
5. Not respecting the upper instructions can get to the suspension of

your
account. eBay Incorporated can not take any responsability for this
repercurssions.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you
information about site changes and enhancements.
Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department

eBay, Inc.

--
How Dubya stole the election: http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html

WOW , its almost word perfect pigeon english, it MUST be from ebay, LOL, but
seriously, this is an example of a easily identifyable scam , I have seen
similar but more believable, and not just from ebay, from nat west, lloyds
tsb, barclays bank, etc, etc.............
Rule of thumb is that no legitimate site will ever send anything that asks
you to login and check or change your details, never use a link from
anything like this either, if your not sure if its real , then it probably
isnt, there are also e-mails that give a link address which is actually a
link to a virus. Never follow a link from an e-mail, if your not sure of the
sender, use your bookmark links or find the real site address, the addresses
can even look authentic, but there will be a slight difference in spelling
or wording.
And report every e-mail to the relevant company, they will deal with it from
there.

Beware.

---