Old October 9th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Toni Nikkanen

Default Advice for finding discontinued film

Annika1980 writes:

My question concerned his statement that the scanner performs well
with that particular film ("the two go together so well"). Why would
it perform well with that film and not Reala? There is a popular
thought that some films scan better than others, but I've never heard
a case of one scanner preferring a certain type of film. It might
also be interesting to know what software he is using to scan with.

While I think Konica-Minolta scanners handle Reala very well, I guess
it could still be that they are even better with Konica-Minolta's own
film when it comes to getting correct colour due to the orange mask of
color negatives. That's just a guess though. I think I scanned one or
two rolls of Centuria 100 with my K-M Scan Elite 5400 II and they
turned out nice, but didn't shoot equivalent shots of the same scenes
with Reala for comparison.