Old October 9th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default Advice for finding discontinued film

On Oct 8, 2:56 pm, Toni Nikkanen wrote:
Annika1980 writes:
I'm particularly fond of Konica Minolta Centuria Super NH, a big part
of it may be that I have a DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 II and the two go
together so well.

Why would it be any different from any other film?

What kind of question is that? All films are different, and if you
happen to like one particular kind it's only natural to want more of
it.

My question concerned his statement that the scanner performs well
with that particular film ("the two go together so well"). Why would
it perform well with that film and not Reala? There is a popular
thought that some films scan better than others, but I've never heard
a case of one scanner preferring a certain type of film. It might
also be interesting to know what software he is using to scan with.