Old May 17th 18, 06:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Rear back-up cameras mandated in new cars

On May 16, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-16 20:03:12 +0000, newshound said:

On 16/05/2018 15:54, RichA wrote:
I still think it's better to turn around and look where you are going
in 3D than watching a 2D screen.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ameras/5720790
02/

But they see the blind spots, and the cost is trivial these days. And
the problem I have with my 69 year old arthritic neck and shoulders is
that I can't turn round so easily.

---

I drove a station wagon, VW Golf with one these a few months back and
it works amazingly well. It's a mere webcam with the path of the
reverse outlined. True MF cost USD50 top, if hooked up to an existing
display...

Yup! My E350 has a backup camera which is especially useful in parking lots,
and a great supplement to rear view mirrors.

Savageduck