Old May 7th 18, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Wildflower Triathlon Time

On 5/7/2018 9:10 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 7, 2018, Joe Makowiec wrote
(in 4.115.223):

On 06 May 2018 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

It is that time of the year again, so we have the Wildflower
Triathlon at Lake San Antonio, and I got a few shots (485) of some
of the competitors on part of the 53 mile bike stage.

Here is a sampling of 9 shots:
https://adobe.ly/2FOhHvb

I like number 9 (DSF6645) - the guy with the mirrored helmet. I like the
way the road is reflected in his helmet, and the look on his face. (Or is
that a visor or shades?) Good composition - wide enough to give context,
tight enough to emphasize the face.

Thanks for the comment. As to the guy with the reflection, that is a visor
lifted off his face, and sitting on top of his helmet. The location for the
shot is at the top of a 2 mile, climb with a very steep grade, and the
temperature was 80ºF+ (26.6ºC+). So I guess he was trying to get a bit
of air on his face.

The interesting thing about the reflection is I made an unintentional self
portrait showing me at the side of the road, as I also did in the shot of the
girl with the blue reflective sunglasses (DSF6604).

BTW: I have added another 5 shots.

They are nice and sharp, and tell a story. The guy in #13 looks
absolutely bored.
I would like to see some of the excitement in that race, either by
panning, the wheels blurred, (even if the rider is not tack sharp,)
someone showing strain or exhaustion, etc.

--
PeterN