Old April 15th 18, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

Default good site for sharing images with thumbnail overview

On 14/04/2018 16:41, sobriquet wrote:
On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 3:09:02 PM UTC+2, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
sobriquet says...

Hi.

Imgur used to be my favorite site for quickly sharing some images, but
they messed up the site and now you can't upload a bunch of images
easily to get a link with a thumbnail overview for quick sharing.
Postimage has mysteriously gone offline it seems (oh I see they
have some technical issues, hopefully a temporary problem).

What are people's favorite sites for quick and convenient sharing
of a bunch of images?

My desired features are that it's easy to upload a number of images
all at once to obtain a link to an overview of thumbnails.

Here is an example of some random images (mostly abstract art):

http://imgbox.com/g/ysUgD4qPx8

greetings and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alternatively you can set up your own site and publish the images there.
My host has packages starting at 5 Euro/month for 50GB webspace,
unlimited traffic and three domains.

And if you don't want to set up your site, you can for instance use
pbase.com or flickr (just to make two examples).
--
Alfred Molon

Yeah, but flickr and pbase are not so convenient, because you have
to create an account there. Often I prefer sharing without any links to any accounts and the hassle of usernames and passwords.
Though I also have a flickr account for sharing images in a more
persistent fashion.

If you can just upload images to obtain a link for sharing, that's
easier for casual use on social media, chats or forums.

I use Flickr - but mainly because it is so easy using Photos on a Mac.
Photos or sets of photos can be uploaded from the app with no need to
enter account details more than once, when you set it up. The only real
downside is that you can't create a folder or delete/rearrange from Photos.

--
Cheers, Rob