Old December 1st 04, 02:39 AM
Aerticeus

what's RGB?

Aerticeus

"digiboy" wrote in message
om...
the surprise to me about color management is thats its a suprise to
everyone else.

I've always thought that the task of converting different gamuts,
white points, phosphers etc too much for the average / typical user.

How do you color manage when you have perceptive colors like RGB,
color mixed output colors like CMYK and fixed-by-dye colors like
Pantones, all on the same page?

Can't be done! How do you manage out of gamut colors. Shrink the
gamut, and if the image moves to a device with a larger gamut, what
happens then?

Do you shrink a gamut by chromaticity ie shrink towards the white
point, or do you do it so the perceptual colors are the same?

Just my 2p worth. I have color management turned off

DB