Old November 17th 04, 03:33 AM

In message ,
wrote:

Kibo informs me that
stated that:

In message ,
wrote:

What format are you using to store your artificial data?

A binary file of 2-byte unsigned integers from 0 to 65535, loaded as
.raw.

Got any data on that format? You've gotten me interested enough in this
question to want to try a few experiments myself.

I just wrote an applet in C that stripped the RAW data out of
uncompressed .dng files and multiplied them by 16 so that there wouldn't
be any quantization (the .dng files use the numbers 0 to 4095 in 16-bit
space) . I modified it slightly to create a string of 65536 2-byte
integers, 0 to 65535, and loaded it into PS as a 256*256 16-bit
greyscale bitmap. I placed the "Info" cursor over it, and got those
values.
--

John P Sheehy