Old March 7th 18, 05:54 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windowswithout installing anything on either

On 2018-03-05 20:27, PeterN wrote:
On 3/5/2018 4:33 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , PeterN
writes:
In message , Alan
On 2018-03-03 08:43, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
Â*A biochemist walks into a student bar and says to the barman:
"I'd likeÂ* a pint
of adenosine triphosphate, please." "Certainly," says the barman,
"that'll be
ATP."

Exceptionally clever.

(Would have emailed but your signature doesn't say how to demunge
yourÂ* address yes, I thought so! I certainly didn't create it: it
was from aÂ* list of something like 100 best jokes, or 20 best puns,
or something, inÂ* the Independent (a British newspaper) some years
ago.
Â*Probably lost on non-UK readers though (-:

Not if they were involved in healthcare. ;-)
I was not a healthcare provider, but had many clients who were.

It wasn't the ATP aspect I thought might not be obvious outside the
UK, it was the 80p aspect.

Though I should amend it to "some" adenosine; I suspect it's a _long_
time since 80p would get you a pint of _anything_ from a barman.

I took the comment as a pun.

It's actually a very clever joke - the 80 p. pun only scratched the
surface.

Yep! Unfortunately, I learned the "humor" the hard way. But I still
appreciate it.

--
PeterN