Old July 29th 03, 03:17 PM
Larry Miller

"Aaron Queenan" wrote in
:

If the mirrors are split and slide as shown, there will be a point at
which they join. The split would be annoying for users of the camera
and appear as a dark line in the middle of the image in the viewfinder.

There would need to me some serious dampening to stop the two sides
crashing into each other (making noise) and leaving fragments of glass
inside the camera.

Since two pieces of glass have to move and hit the dampeners, I'd be
surprised if the noise level is much less that an SLR.

If a rubber strip was placed in the middle, it would block the user's
view of the centre of the image even more.

The split between the two pieces of glass would allow light in, which
would severely effect the exposure sensors in the camera.

I'm not the designer, will pass your comments on to him. :

It will eliminate the LCD display-screen battery drain in digital SLR
cameras.

How?

(The author's) statement *is* ambiguous. Uhh, I assume it's because one
would not normally use an image display screen for a digital SLR?

Thanks for the feedback-- Larry

Regards,
Aaron Queenan.