Old December 12th 04, 10:11 PM
Mike Henley

I have not seen that "photography & and the art of composition" but if
it's the same Freeman by whom I have another book, then I wouldn't,
because his images did not appeal to my understanding of composition at
all. I did not like his sensibilities (he was evidently fond of those
silly environmental portraits and did them to an extreme; placing a
judge in a magnificent court hall or a collector amongst his
collection, all resulting in images in which the subject appeared very
small and remote, and achingly nerky, and he was also a fan of
extensive flash work and paraphenalia, which is a bad thing(TM) if your
image is badly composed to start with).