Old October 27th 15, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default How to measure ISO

On 27/10/2015 19:07, Alfred Molon wrote:
I have two cameras. At the same ISO, aperture and exposure time one
takes brighter images than the other one.

How to measure the real ISO values at which the cameras took the
pictures?

With my Fuji X-E1 I find I have to push exposure 2/3 stop to get
adequate shadow detail. I've found various Canon compacts to be fine.
This of course is for "average" scenes, others are likely to need
adjustment anyway.

I don't really see the relevance of ISO. Obviously, one or other cameras
(or both) don't meet the standard, but provided you have an exposure
adjustment dial it is just a question of learning your camera (given
that you probably have personal tastes in both subject matter and
presentation).

Or are you saying that you have a camera without such an adjustment, and
you are trying to demonstrate that it is faulty?