Old February 2nd 04, 01:42 PM
The Wogster

Default C41 Kits????

Nick Zentena wrote:
The Wogster wrote:

Does anyone know if anyone still makes C41 processing kits, there used
to be all kinds of them, where did they all go?

Anyone know of a Canadian dealer for any of the ones still being made?

Henry's I think stocks the Agfa kits. Fotochem out of Montreal sells kits
he makes up. I've used his Ra-4 stuff and it works well and the price is
right. He might also have the Agfa kits in stock but his are cheaper.

According to Henry's website nada....

The small hobby kits IMHO don't make much sense. The cost isn't much
if any cheaper then getting just processing done from a lab. OTOH the
fotochem kits look very reasonable. The bigger the kit the more reasonable.

Sometimes it is a waste to send films to a lab, getting the negatives
and prints, when the prints are not needed. I used to do the processing
myself, and although I don't miss colour balancing prints, I do miss
popping a roll of film into the developer and half an hour later pulling
out processed negatives.

I'm also thinking of getting back to the basics and trying some of the
new B&W films. Right now I am saving my nickles for a film scanner......