Old August 5th 15, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Mac users - be aware

On 2015-08-04 23:19:31 +0000, "Mayayana" said:

| You should read the article to which I linked.

It does sound rather mild. If someone downloads
and runs an installer, while running in lackey
mode with restrictions, that installer can bypass
the restrictions. "Elevation of privilege". Someone
still has to be sucked into running the installer.

Exactly!

Elevating privilege when already accessing the
machine is not such a big deal. (I've never even
run in lackey mode. It's too much hassle.)

What *would* be a big deal would be if Macs were
getting "driveby downloads" -- attacks like the
Flash bug at Yahoo this past week. Maybe Macs
do get them. I don't know. But I'm not aware of
any. On Windows with script/Flash/Acrobat enabled
it's a constant, real risk.

That doesn't seem to be the case.

Savageduck