Old September 16th 18, 11:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default Just a question

On 9/15/2018 7:12 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 05:19:59 -0400, Neil
wrote:

On 9/14/2018 8:26 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 12:20:42 -0400, Neil
wrote:

--- snip ---
We can disagree about their being "photographers", since as I see it
that term applies to people whose primary occupation is taking photos
and you feel otherwise.

So it's not sufficient to use a camera and take photographs. One must
be paid enough to make a living before you can be called a
photographer?

I'm sorry, I don't buy. Taking photographs makes a person a
photographer. Making a living by taking photograpohs makes a person a
professional photographer.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/photographer?s=t

Your interpretation requires one to discard the portion of this *single
sentence* after the word "especially".

Whereas your requires one to ignore the portion of this *single
sentence* before the word "especially".

All my statement -- it is not an "interpretation" -- requires is that
one understand the role of a predicate in a sentence. If that is
insufficient, then understanding that the format of English language
dictionaries presents alternative definitions in a hierarchical list,
not as subject and predicate in a single sentence.

--
best regards,

Neil