Old April 27th 12, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Google Drive

On 2012-04-27 03:01:09 -0700, me said:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 16:35:24 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

For now, Google Drive does not have a URL shortening feature similar to
that found in Dropbox.
So having said all that, try this for size. These files are set for all
those with access to the URL & according to the set up, download not
permitted. (We shall see.)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwB...GFHZ3hESjdlQm8
and
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwB...FFNU0JtSzc0eUU

Not sure what you mean by having access but DL not permitted. I can
see and right click Save Image As just fine.

I suspected as much.

In the various Google Drive sharing options you are given the option of
permitting download of the file, or not. I believed I had selected "Do
not permit download." My understanding was this would allow recipients
of the URL "access" to view the image, or read a text file or PDF. As
this is the first time I have used Google Drive I was not sure is a
recipient would, or would not be able to "right click" save, since as
the "owner", if I open the URL I am give full edit access.

So one of two things happened here, either I goofed when making the
option "to not permit download" or that option has been falsely
represented by Google.

Savageduck