Old March 8th 05, 06:23 PM
Ron Hunter

Larry wrote:
In article , says...

I own a Sony Cybershot 5.0 Megapixel camera (cybershot DSC-P10). My
buddy owns an Olympia 4.0 Megapixel camera.
[...]

When my buddy takes pictures, the size of the resulting jpeg files is
larger - closer to 2.5 Meg.

Different file compression settings.
Thats about it.

Comparing one brand to another is tough.

But important. If the files are smaller, they contain less
information. (I'm still looking for a camera that offers lossless
TIFF compression.)

-Joel

Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases:
http://www.exc.com/photography

Unless you are into VERY long waiting times you dont want what you think you
want.

Of the several cameras I have that save .tif files, the wat can be as long as
a minute for a 5mp photo.

Even the wait for a raw file is shorter.

There MAY be some cameras around that save .tif as fast as lightning, but if
there is, I have yet to see it.

Cameras on the D70 level and fast CF cards can save in a few seconds,
but then you pay a premium price for both.

--
Ron Hunter