Old February 20th 05, 01:42 AM
Stacey

Knild wrote:

One would have thought that their underwear dampening excitement at the
prospect of paying Olympus huge prices for the precious new lenses would
have been somewhat tempered by the knowledge that the existing ones don't
seem to work very well!

You obviously haven't done much research, almost any olympus user will tell
you the "standard" zooms, especially the 14-54 is the dog of their lens
line-up.This 'problem' is mainly at 54mm wide open as well.

The 14-54 lens has this issue, but then again the camera has a "shading"
setting to compensate, which this newbie user didn't have turned on. Can't
blame the camera when the users won't read the manual! :-) Also unless the
contrast is SUPER cranked it's hard to even see.

You did leave out his coment:

"I migrated south (in pixels that is) from the 20d and find the E-1
enviroment just right! Wonderful camera and a pleasure to use."

Every camera has it's issues and these are no exceptions. I'm sure not going
to waste my time trying to -troll- for problems on a camera I'm never going
to use though..

--

Stacey