Old November 14th 14, 09:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Yet another Photograph

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:10:32 -0800, Savageduck

On 2014-11-14 03:23:20 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:31:47 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

I tried to correct the CA and that was a fruitless exercise.

That's good to know. I've just had a similar experience (see my other
post).

The RAW file would have been nice to have.

At the time I didn't have CC.

I suggest setting your G12 to shoot RAW+JPEG in the future. The only
thing to remember is the Canon compacts will default to JPEG only if
you use Auto, or any of the scene modes.
I have my G11 set to shoot RAW+JPEG, and use Av, Tv, or P modes.

I don't have to worry about that since I gave it to my wife. I just
didn't like it.

My big gripe with the G11 is, with my big hands and my Nikon muscle
memory, make handling it awkward at times. my thumb is always
activating the flash selector. That is one of the reasons I am seeking
out an alternative lightweight, and have yet to settle on something.
Other than the weight I like my Nikon DSLRs.

That was another reason why I didn't like the G12. It wasn't the main
reason, which was the way the menu system kept hiding items acording
to the way the camera was already configured. The fact that I have no
possible need for the adjustment of XYZ right now shouldn't mean that
the menu hides it from me and prevents me from adjusting it in
anticipation of what I plan to do next.

There was one item, I forget quite what, where I struggled for days to
find it so that I could set it for what I wanted to do. I think it was
something to do with bracketing but I'm not now sure. I even took the
problem to a professional who used a G11, and even he couldn't find
whatever it was. Eventually I discovered that the seting only became
visible when you set the camera in a mode which actually used it. The
menu system was full of things like that. I hated it.

Eric Stevens