Old January 9th 04, 04:37 AM
J C

Default how to put the border around a headshot?

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:44:16 -0800, "M77" wrote:

uh, no. it's always been ppi. maybe YOU just recently discovered dpi was
wrong.

Uh NO, it is not. Check this out. Scanner manufacturers list the specs
of their equipment in terms of DPI.

Here's just one example:
http://www.umax.com/scanners/index.j...ssional+models

Get a clue. Only twits in newsgroups think it is worth arguing the
distinction between dpi and ppi.

What? You don't see dots on your computer screen? Then you're not
using a magnifying glass or must have it turned off, cause they are
there.

By the way, I reviewed your comments. Do you realize that you've
actually added absolutely no technical knowledge to this thread. I can
only conclude that you must be lying about working with images
professionally. But then again I've encountered professional photogs
that don't even know what a CMYK image is... so if you are a pro you
can take comfort in knowing that you're not alone in your stupidity.

-- JC