Old April 20th 04, 05:08 PM
Rick

I always thought Cashier's checks were guaranteed because they had to
pay cash to get them. Guess I never thought about printing your own. I
called the bank it was issued on they don't even care. They just said
it's not their check and it was my problem. Similar answer from the
LAPD. They said I could send the check and "IF" they had time they
"might" send a detective to investigate but basically I was just out of
luck.

I've done business on these newsgroups for years and years, selling and
buying camera equipment and have never had a bad experience until this
one.

Yep, live and learn. At least it was only $500, could have been worse.

Thanks

rick

"Minolta shooter (Colyn)" wrote ...

Anybody who doesn't follow this rule is asking to get ripped off..

I learned the hard way .. but it's a lesson I will NOT forget.