Old August 26th 05, 02:37 PM

Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
According to a thread in the dpreview forum. Nikon "accidently" posted
the specs. on the web he
http://nikonimaging.com/global/produ...df/D200_6p.pdf
It's gone now, but these people claim to have them:
http://www.infodigitalcamera.com/blo...ecification-2/

ISO 100-800 (???), CF Card and 2.5 in monitor,
3D Matrix, Center weighted and Spot metering,
9 AF sensors, instant on, 52 ms shutter lag.

If these are the specs, it sure looks as if it is positioned to
compete with the 20D. The only weird bit is 800 as the top ISO
sensitivity.

I agree that the cap @ 800 ISO is a bit odd, the rest of the specs
looks decent. A boost in mpxls over the 20D will give it some market
legs, at least in the short term until Canon comes out with a 20D
replacement (and thus the leapfroging game continues).

I like the 'accidental' post on the Nikon site. Maybe I should start
another "put up/shut up" thread...