Old May 19th 15, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Can good photographic ability be taught, or is it in-born?

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

My claim is that if one person is more skilled at a given task than another,
it
is because he has practiced it more, which in turn is a result from a more
eager
interest in said task. Not because he has a "born" ability to paint
masterpieces
or a "born" ability to play the piano.

bull****. some people have natural talents and others do not and it has
absolutely nothing to do with practice.

if it did, there would be more einsteins, picassos, pavarottis and
ansel adams.

also, fix the line length on your newsreader. it's much too long and
causes wrapping issues.

As I said, some people are actually different, savants and autistic people.
They
are quite literally wired differently than other people which may lead to
them
being able to use their brain in a way a "normal" person can not. That, of
course, can lead to perceived skill. I.e. someone that can remember thousands
of
decimals of pi but can't get properly dressed. But that's neither skill nor
talent, that's just a brain that works in a very unusual way, leading to the
person being able to do that most can not.

you're contradicting yourself.

if it was just practice then anyone could memorize pi to thousands of
digits or any other so called skill.

For normal people, talent does not exist, only skill. Learned skill.

bull****. complete bull****.