Old December 8th 03, 06:02 PM
Toke Eskildsen

Default Rule of Thirds?

Michael Scarpitti wrote:

Toke Eskildsen wrote:
|------|----| - Line divided using the golden ratio.

|------| - Length 1
|----| - Length 2

The golden mean is as follows:

A/B is the same as A+B/A

A B
|------|----|

A = 1
B = 0.618...

A/B = 1/0.618... ~= 1.618...
(A+B)/A = (1+0.618...)/1 ~= 1.618...

Yep, that works just fine with a line. No need for rectangles here,
although that works fine too.

That's it, completely.

That's how I understand it too. But I thought that your argument was
that the golden mean only worked for rectangles?

The ratio is digital form is discussed
he

http://www.vashti.net/mceinc/golden.htm

Yes. He uses rectangles as an example.

[Snip Statistics]

If you don't put it in the center, and you don't put it at the
extreme edge, what else is there?

Is that a trick question? My answer is "An infinite number of other
places". Did I win anything?
--
Necessary signatu Yes, I understand that there are a lot of rules of
thumb and that none of the rules works every time. Yes, I understand