Old January 5th 13, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Stefan Patric[_3_]

Default Lens for old 35mm Nikon SLR

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 13:16:01 +0000, tweale wrote:

Hello
I am very new to photography and have inherited a Nikon SLR 35mm camera
from my dad, and need some help with what lens to use. I don't need any
zoom, I simply want a very slim lens to use as the current one is very
bulky (8cm long or something) and I know that I just won't use it as
much.

On every website I have visited, the lens seem very advanced with zoom,
automatic focus etc. I need something of good quality but just rather
basic in its credentials. I essentially just want to look through the
viewfinder, focus the lens and click.

Surely this shouldn't be too much to ask?! I would be very grateful for
any help or advice given.

First determine the model of your camera body. It should be on the body:
F, F2, F3, FM, FM2, FE, etc. Then go he

http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm

Everything you'd want to know about cameras.

Stef