Old June 13th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Default E-85

William Graham wrote:

"Robert Brace" wrote in message
news1Oeg.209839$WI1.175712@pd7tw2no...

"ASAAR" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 29 May 2006 15:46:58 -0700, William Graham wrote:

But tremendous amounts of horsepower and its resulting acceleration
wouldn't do much, because there weren't many long straight
sections..... It would have to make up its losses on the few that there
were.... They did run some powerful machines, like the Cad-Allards, but
they didn't always show too well.....

Sounds like the Sunbeams that were fitted with small Ford V8s
(289?). Very fast but the engine moved the C.O.G. so far forward
that they didn't handle very well.

They were called the Sunbeam Tiger and used the 260ci version of the
small-block Ford engine of the day. I always liked the way they looked
and felt they would form the basis of a truly capable runner if set up
properly.

I understand there is a S. California company that does the same thing
with the Miyata.......

I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that -- witness the AC Cobra
with the 289HP version of that engine that really sat the sportscar world
on its ear. Quite a change from the old AC Bristol.
Bob

Yes....the Cobra was my dream car for years. It had it all. Light weight,
powerful engine. Superb handling.....But like most of my dreams, they
stopped making them just before I had the money to buy one........

Actually, you can get very good facsimiles of the Cobra from a number of
sources. It wasn't all that complex a car.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate