Old May 20th 17, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

PeterN news Fri, 19 May 2017 00:58:24 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 5/18/2017 8:06 PM, Diesel wrote:
PeterN news Thu, 18 May 2017 16:51:26 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

You can have sweet dogs and nasty ones of any breed. A lot
depends on their training and socialization. Having said that,
some breeds such as Akitas, can be very protective. My younger
daughter was walking her neighbor's Akita, and went for a coffee
in an outside cafe. Some guy started to bother her. the Akita
sensed a problem, stood up and just stared at a point in the
sidewalk. The dog made it clear that his eyes were focused on a
line, and that he would protect if anyone crossed the line. Even
the drunk realized it. a few minutes later someone called the
cops, and they quickly took the drunk away. when the cop came
over to my daughter to ask if she was OK, the Akita just sat
down and went into friendly mode.

You seem very knowledgeable concerning Dogs and their mindsets. I
appreciate you having taken the time to post this.

both of my kids and quite a few of my friends are serious dog
owners. My older daughter spends every weekend taking her golden
to various dog events, such as hunting, agility, tracking and
retrieving competitions. the dog is a master senior hunter and as
I posted earlier, qualified at Westminster for the finals in
agility. The dog goes to a doggie chiropractor, and gets regular
warm water massages. My other daughter, for some reason, has a
natural attraction for animals. On more than one occasion, while
swimming, wild dolphins would swim in and pay with her. In order
to keep up with them, I have had to learn something about animals,
Just as they had to learn something about art and music, in order
to keep up with me and my wife.

I understand, completely. I've had dogs and cats (I'm more of a cat
person myself, but, others in the family are dog people) my entire
life. We've been known to take in strays and rescue abused critters
since I was a kid. My mom presently has five pitbulls of various sub
breeds that are rescue animals. Loving creatures, with a bad
reputation based on ignorance.