Old December 19th 05, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Glitch with Canon 300D?

In message ,
"Woollyzone" wrote:

No I didn't, but I didn't think there was any light coming in from behind.
Its possible there was however, so I'll try again and take your advice and
see if it makes any difference. Thanks for incredibly quick response!

Quite a bit of light can come in through the viewfinder. Outside in
bright daylight, I have seen f-stop and shutter speed figures on the top
LCD of my cameras that showed a considerable amount of light, only to
realize that the lens cap was on. For example, in Av mode at f/8, the
shutter speed might read 1/4. Cover up the viewfinder with my finger,
and it goes to 30s.
--

John P Sheehy