Old January 30th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default "New" AGFA-Ansco Universal View

"Cheesehead" wrote in message
On Jan 27, 5:23 am, "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in
message

s.com...

Lots of snipping here...

When it comes to an alternative shutter release, I'm digging
through
the basement now and hoping to come across my old Kodak
(or maybe it was Polaroid) self timer that will fit on the
end of a
cable release.

There were a number of self timers available over the
years. Most thread into the cable release socket. I think I
have one somewhere but they never seemed to appear on the
used market much.
On the shutters made by Kodak and Compur as used on
Speed Graphic cameras the self timers were usually omitted
for something else. On the Compur Rapid it became the
shutter blade arrestor for focusing without changing to T
and on the Kodak shutter it became the flash synchronizer.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL