Old February 28th 18, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
nospam

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either

In article , ultred ragnusen
wrote:

The biggest problem with backup is that I have been burned by backing up to
HDD, which are sort of like having a battery backup to a battery, where
both suffer the same failings under the same conditions.

nonsense, and you're assuming only one single backup.

a good backup strategy includes multiple backups, with at least one off
site, so *not* the same conditions at all.

So I like to backup to DVD, which has the main problem of data being larger
than 4.7 GB in toto.

dvds are less reliable than hds and a major pain in the ass to use.

So the way I'll get around that will be to create a bunch of 4,482,269
kilobyte size-limited NTFS folders (using Veracrypt). Once any of those
folders gets filled with data, I'll burn it and move on to the next folder
(which keeps the data from growing too large for backup).

good luck when files can't be split up and even more good luck trying
to update it all any time anything changes.