Old February 28th 18, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Ken Blake[_2_]

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows without installing anything on either

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:37:26 -0800, ultred ragnusen
wrote:

Ken Blake wrote:

May I presume to ask if "any" RAID method is useful in the home
environment, where all you really care about is safety of your data?

Not as far as I'm concerned. You get safety through backup.\

I see that now, thanks.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

The biggest problem with backup is that I have been burned by backing up to
HDD, which are sort of like having a battery backup to a battery, where
both suffer the same failings under the same conditions.

Were you burned by having backed up to an *internal* HD? As far as I'm
concerned, that's better than no backup at all, but just barely. Both
the original and the backup are vulnerable to simultaneous loss by
user error, nearby lightning strike, virus attack, even theft of the
computer.

So I like to backup to DVD, which has the main problem of data being larger
than 4.7 GB in toto.

DVDs are external media, so they are better than an internal hard
drive, but they are very vulnerable to failure. As far as I'm
concerned, much better is one or more external hard drives;
alternating between two is great.