Old January 15th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Little Green Eyed Dragon

Default Support of multiple core 64 bit processors and 4GB RAM

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , John
McWilliams says...

No, it won't be until after CSIII. Lots of engineering/development
issues around this, and the "improvement" would be marginal, according
to some experts. I'd be among them, but for the fact that I'm not an
expert in that field.

There are some who've read the hype of the chip mfgs. who believe that
64 bits *NOW* is a panacea.

It ain't.

Sorry, but isn't an advantage of 64 bit processors, that they can
address more than 4GB of RAM, which should help with memory hungry
situations?

The dual core G5 could- can address 8GB of Ram.

As for multiple cores, they should help with image processing, an
application which can easily be parallelised.

--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere