Old December 6th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
scenic_man

Default Nikon N80

THO wrote:
In article ,
Carlos Moreno wrote:

Just plain old dumb curiosity, but: can someone explain to me what
on earth are you guys talking about?? (yes, I know what Ebay is,
but that's about it --- the original post is as far as I could
understand from this thread)

Carlos

Ebay has a policy of canceling auctions that are advertised by spam and
posting to newsgroups where for-sale posts aren't allowed. When they are
notified, they cancel the auction.

Hunh? I thought that was the purpose of rec.photo.marketplace.35mm.

Hmmm. Looks like it got cross-posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
as well as to alt.photography.
I would think that was more an honest error than a flagrant violation,
if that group does not accept such posts.