Old August 13th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David L

Default Steam engines

I photographed these steam engines in Colorado last week.

http://www.pbase.com/davidlowry/steam

A lot of the shots (nearly 2 rolls) were overexposed, probably because
of the dark engines driving the meter crazy. I had dialed in 1 stop of
compensation, but probably 2 would have worked better. Anyway, I find
steam engines a great subject, esp. when they are operating like the
ones in Colorado and where you can compose to eliminate modern
building, cars, people and so on. Scanning the negatives helped me get
the exposure back, something the photo store didn't do well on the
prints.

Lot more scans to do, I'm tempted to use my Canon 300D instead next
time.

I'll be doing a lot of research on steam trains. The ones above are
"K-36" (From a website) but not sure who made them.

Dave