Old July 13th 17, 05:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default History channel investigating Earhart photograph

On 2017-07-13 04:25:49 +0000, Jeff said:

Peabody wrote in
:

A recent Amelia Earhart documentary was based largely on a photograph
purportedly showing Earhart and Noonan on dock after they were "rescued"
by the Japanese military. Now it appears the photo was taken at least
two years before the Earhart disappearance.

The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

"HISTORY has a team of investigators exploring the latest developments
about Amelia Earhart, and we will be transparent in our findings,"
according to the statement. "Ultimately, historical accuracy is most
important to us and our viewers."

Yeah. The channel that brings you the Ancient Aiens bull**** sure needs
to worry about its reputation.

I heard a radio report that the picture was published in a travel book or
brochure before Earhart's flight.

http://jezebel.com/japanese-blogger-discredits-new-amelia-earhart-document-1796805871

Savageduck