Old March 7th 05, 08:04 PM
adm

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:30:16 GMT, "ian lincoln"
wrote:

snipped
considering the main selling point of the canon is its 8mp sensor putting
an
inferior lens on the front seems pointless.

Why bother buying one with a kit lens? In putting together my Canon
20D system. I just bought the body and then added the lens(es) I
wanted which would meet my needs.

I don't understand why any one wouldn't just buy a body and not get
the best lenses for their needs rather than what the manufacturer put
on it.

I would go as far as to say anyone buying a 20D and not knowing enough
to pick a lenses doesn't need to be buying one but rather needs to be
learning more about the basics of photography.

That's true, but many potential buyers will have lots of cash, not much
knowledge about lenses and a love for all things shiny.

I'd imagine that's true of probably at least half the market for the low end
dSLRs.