Old June 25th 04, 12:46 AM
hfs2

Default Kodak CX6200 vs. Old NiMH batteries

What about loading a charged set into flashlite? I think a pr3 will draw
1/2A, the hals will draw more. Come back after a movie. If you still
have a light the batteries must be pretty good.

Specs claim a 1.8AHr battery should go about 3 hours. Never checked
it out though.

Roger Stone wrote in message ...
Hello,

I've just gotten a Kodak CX6200, and I'm perplexed by the variety of
battery choices (disposable Li AA, disposable CRV3, rechargable CRV3,
rechargable NiMH AA). For the short term, I've settled on using
rechargable NiMH AA's, as we have lots of them deployed around the
house, and a good charger (MAHA CH-401FS).

The trouble is, some of my NiMH AA batteries seem to work in the camera,
and others don't work at all, or work only for a few minutes. Based on
a small sample of fully chared batteries (according to the charger), it
appears that the oldest batteries (1500mAH NexCells) are worst - a pair
of them won't even start up the camera. The charger thinks they're OK,
and they work in other appliances (including a Nikon Coolpix 700 from
prehistoric times).

A pair of new NiMH AA batteries, even strange off-brand ones I got at
Fry's, seems to work, though I haven't seen how long they last.

What are the symptoms of aging in MiMH AA batteries? They're about 5
years old, and have been in very regular use. I've gotten my value out
of them, I'll admit, but I'm looking for some sort of test that will
tell me it's finally time to toss them out.

Are the entry-level Kodaks known to be especially picky about voltage,
impedance, or other battery characteristics?